- Teaching games takes time. longer than you might think
- Know your audience. do they want to know every little rule or do they want to start as soon as possible?
- Do your homework. Read the rulebook ahead of time and teach games you know well
- Get people excited. Start with the theme, let people play around with the cool components (but leave aside any player aid with text)
- Tell them how to win. The first and most important rule to clarify is how to win the game: what are the victory conditions and how to get there
You can listen to the whole show right here:
Good luck teaching!